research

research


Structure for final assessment...

headings should be removed.
titles etc and start to integrate everything.

Intro- 1-2 paragraghs and summerizing the document - define relative keyterms. Just in the research question...

Rationale is the topic of interest

methodology 1-2 summarized. - how i go about my project

documentation 1-2 sentences.


NEED TO RE-WORK METHODOLOGY...


Methodology – interpret highlighted sentences together…

Using Heuristic research artist Fenoglio then describes the idea of conceiving this question first. Then he discusses a process of drawing ideas, constructing argument’s which then bounce off each other to help create a finalised “Creative Synthesis” or conclusion. Fenoglio explains “To acknowledge a heuristic methodology for social commentary or social-activist art is to acknowledge that your ‘studio’ is the space you are in, wherever and whenever you are engaged with the topic.” (Fenoglio, 2011). This relates to my own work’s as my “Space” is my studio and I am constantly engaging and acknowledging my “topic” or in this case question regardless whether I am in my studio. I am therefore in my studio whenever I am thinking about the work.
This will be experiments with painting such as finger painting, mixing sketching with painting; or working on three paintings at the same time so the level of progression does not change. other experiments will include facial merging of my own face with Ema and Sam’s faces. This will be concluded with active annotating of the outcomes of these experiments. Along with active questioning of why I am doing it a particular way? How? or What? to see if I can learn from the experiment or if it is a positive outcome to add to my work.  - The process I have chosen to work in are constantly progressing and developing with each other. They were all painted at the same time so the level of progression changes with each, so they are the same style and structure. To constantly evolve the ideas from a female form, a breast, a rib, skin, a curtain, a ribbon or a blood vessel.

“psychic automatism in its pure state, by which one proposes to express the actual functioning of thought. Dictated by thought, in the absence of any control exercised by reason, exempt from any aesthetic or moral concern.” Andre Breton quoted from his first manifesto of surrealism (Breton, 1924). Explains that the idea of Automatism- which is the suppression of conscious control, letting the un-conscious mind take over tin the art practice. (TATE, n.d.) – in the purest state can express the “Functioning Thought” (Breton, 1924)with the absence and loss of control. This is exorcized in my own practice as I am trying to explore my own un-conscious mind to construct and emotional bond between myself and friends through the painting. To express my own surreal automatist thoughts and thinking to show how I depict we are as one identity.  

Edit into the paragraph above to make the methodology shorter…

Comments

Popular Posts