BVA 303 RESEARCH, Kathryn

BVA 303 RESEARCH, Kathryn

week 8 

Last week on Thursday I had a one on one with Kathryn to explain in depth what I really want to achieve and unpack in my work

my main idea is about the relationship between myself and the models who are in my portrait. This i really need to focus on instead of my other ideas as it is too broad and too much to work with.


What I am wanting to depict what my work is about?

This is to show how I act and feel around, and what personality type comes out from being around with one or the other.


What I am wanting to depict what my work is about?
My work that I am wanting to portray is about the idea of a relationship between these two main female figures of my life.

Along with how I depict the feeling of them as a relationship in my mind. The emotional construct between friendships and relationships. The psychological side of personality coming through between each-other from the receivership of the sub-conscious mind. Focusing on the surrealistic imagery of the link of the artist and painting. 

Asking questions of how I act around them? Why I feel
this way? 

The emotional construct and relationship between one another? The calmer sides of myself? Or the confident sides about myself. Trying to dive into the depth of the psychological sub-consciousness of these relationships and bond in a contemporary art form. For example, of why do I put my own facial imagery in other people’s portraits? Along with who in either history or in contemporary art works like this? To sub-consciously work with what they depict the person is like in their head

The relationship I am wanting to construct is the form of friendship or even sister-hood. The idea of that unspoken bond between the person you are familiar to that you are painting. That relationship that can form the idea of friends are family, who you look up to or idealize.



Above was what I wrote in my mapping essay, and have pointed these out because this is what I really need to focus on and cut out the rest of the other ideas for my works.     

Below are some progress images of what I have worked on so far...         

The progress of Ema's face seeping out of the flow of the ribbons 
Progress of the black background and both models together.



Sketch design of an idea to use with the use of the combination of Sam, Ema and myself as the model.

Adding the black background to create a depth and to push out the painting to make it more eye popping. Along with the sketch idea to somehow create a structure for my works.

Another sketch to create a structure of where this painting will lead. Along with the progression of Ema's face... This is only the base coat of her features.


This is a comparison of what I depicted in my mind my model to look like and What she actually looks like.








                                              

Comments

Popular Posts