BVA 303 RESEARCH, Kathryn. week 2

 BVA 303 RESEARCH, Kathryn.

This week I am focusing on narrowing down my question to make a clear idea of what I want to answer with  my body of work. I had a session with Kathryn at 3:55pm on Thursday the 21st of Feb 2019. This was our first session to really focus on my idea and what i want to convey.  We talked about what thew initial idea of my paintings such as the theme "Inner Persona". Then developed an idea of my relationship with the person in the portrait and how it effects both of our personalities. Along with my relationship with people to in bed my own image to inform an idea between painter and portrait.
Carl Gustav Jung


A theorist of analytical psychiatry Carl Jung has created a personality theory of the ego (conscious mind), Personal unconsciousness ( personal memories and ideas) and collective consciousness (memories and ideas shared by society). Along with looking at what makes the "psyche" such as the persona - image of yourself that we present to the world. Shadow - Hidden anxieties and repressed thoughts - and the Anima/Animus - Male/female alter egos.


Meyers-Briggs personality test ( https://www.16personalities.com/ ) -  This is a personality test to see what zones of personality you are in.

I took the test of my archetype and found out I was a ..

CAMPAIGNER PERSONALITY (ENFP, -A/-T)

This is a very creative soul, independent and curious. But very much on the emotional scale of personal situations.


The question ideas I have developed is...

Question: before.
How to convey a Journey to explore the "Sub-Conscious" or the Inner Persona through mixed mediums?


Add into question...
Create a new art movement.
Why use mixed mediums.
Why it links to my idea about portraiture.

Question: after.How can I create a revolutionized art movement to explore the idea of the Inner Persona using mixed mediums.

Add into question...
Add relationships.
Personalities.
Art movement.

Question: after 2. How can I convey a visual idea of a relationship between portrait and painter, to create a contemporary art movement using mixed mediums?

Because its too long I need to narrow down my question as it's too broad.

Question: after 3. How can I convey a visual idea of a relationship between portrait and painter, to create a contemporary art movement?


For next week I am doing documentation photography to gain the real pinnacle moments and memories of an image. Such as using my own phone to take these images to social events or gatherings. I will also be working on my paintings then photographing them to bring them through digitally.

Here is my progress of my works...




Also have to work on my portraits and only using 3 close friends as a model for my portraits.














Comments

Popular Posts