trans media story-telling

Trans-media story-telling Proposal.





CASE STUDIES
So these are either franchises or artists who have used Transmedia-Story telling to further their world to their audience. Along with how I can relate it to my own works.




The case studies relating to my own works.


With the Star-Wars case studies this can relate to my work in a way like a franchise with my paintings – In a broader spectrum, creating a fan base for my works through “free” media such as Instagram, Facebook and even community groups on social media to get the audience to connect and to be apart of that “freeness”.

Miriam’s world – relating to my work this can be interpreted with the use of space and adding videography with my works to create a virtual and physical space leading into how the “high rise project” can relate to my works.


The high rise project– This can relate to my works with the use of the virtual reality and combining it with my paintings – creating a painting with a virtual world attached to it, such as VR.



SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS

•I have been using various platforms to connect my audiences with my paintings. Such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc... 
•Trying to help engage my audiences using spreadability and convergence to gain a higher audience or to get the audience to connect and understand my work more.
•Connecting and engaging techniques such as the use of vlogging and posting to all of my “socials” to keep them all connected and linking them all into one main platform.
•I promoted two pieces of my work and was able to get the “Insights” or data about what kind of audiences I am engaging in with my work.


The Promoted pieces on Instagram and the data recorded from promoting them.




The female drawing definitely rated higher than the male drawing - But I think that is because of sexual preferences between genders. But what was very interesting was more males were interested in the male form than the woman was with the male figure. Same with the female figure. 



EXPERIMENTS

 Here are some experiments to start off my project and to show the different types of reflective surfaces. – Against the human form and on there own…
Experiments using…
•Barley sugars.
•Cd’s.
•Glass bowel.
•Glass bowel filled with water.
•Clear plastic bags
•Flat Aluminum foil
•Rigid Aluminum foil.
•Have also found a few reflective surfaces at the Dump.
•I will also be conducting a social experiment (a meet and greet) for my models male and female to see what they think of there bodies etc…
Below are a few examples of my experiments...

Playing around with the Proximatic effect of the CDs and what reflection melted barley sugars give off.



What the drop off of the reflection that the reflective surfaces give off. Along with the angle and reflection that water can give off to the model.


Again the lift-off of the reflection to the model. Pushing the boundaries and creating a sort of movement to the sketch.



The drawing style I have been working on is really mapping the patterns and the coloring of the skin. Highlighting the beauty of the whole body from any shape and form. 


I wanted to add a wee bit of color to this one. I was thinking of reflective surfaces and thought to play around with the colored the effect that CD's give off.


Playing around with different effects and what I can do to push the limits of the drawing… bring different styles and depth into the bodies.



Another play around…


Incorporating both the painting and the illustration work – combining painting and digital media. 

-Easily accessible to post with higher quality and creates a feeling as if it was a moving image.
-

-Focuses on the whole of the body and not just drawing your eyes to the genital areas...



The models' drawings – their perspective and then comparing them to my own perspective of their perspective…


I was quite interested to see that this model added in her scars and emphasized them. It gives a sense of connection to the drawings that people with all shapes and sizes, scars, stretch marks, or any kind of mark for that matter - where all the same and we all have the same flaws. It's either you want to call it a flaw or find the beauty out of it and emphasize it in some way.

The lady back facing to us…  she wanted her partner to draw her back as she felt that was her best feature. I also drew the back of her head as I felt that it looked a bit strange having a body with no head in that particular view. I have now felt that I need to try and find ways of not cutting off the head as such, but ways trying to hide the head to not show it in the image/painting or drawing.

Overall the outcome of this experiment resulted very beneficially to my research as it was quite interesting that the second model highlighted what most perceive as their flaws ( the stretch marks
etc) along with the first model wanting to show the scars on her leg. I feel as though it is quite empowering to the drawing as it creates a certain sense of collectability to the drawings 





I also took an angled image to highlight the stretch marks. I wanted to very much show them as the model emphasized them In her own drawing.

I also tried to keep it very similar to what she thinks her proportions are. Giving the drawing a slight realism to the bodies and lifting it off the 2D flat platform. Almost creating it as it is moving in a certain way or perspective.


She again emphasized her stretch marks - So I made sure they were emphasized in my drawing as well. To keep the rawness of her own perspective.





I do however need to work on being not so nervous and try to act more relaxed when talking to my audiences…


Time-lapse of painting the mail figure and the painting process of the under-coats.


Another painting process time-lapse of the topcoat of the male figure.



REFERENCES:

Jenkins, H. (2007, march 21). Henry Jenkins. Retrieved from Squarespace: http://henryjenkins.org/blog/2007/03/transmedia_storytelling_101.html

Comments

Popular Posts