Experiments part 3.

  

 Experiments part 3


So I have been experimenting with different reflective surfaces to see what effects the reflection will give off on the nude. I and my tutor went around the Downtown S.I.T campus to look for shiny and reflective materials.



We ended up finding different old reflective surfaces such as aluminium foil on hard board. while another was aluminium foil on rigid cardboard giving a textured affect on the reflection.





This was the rigid foil on the cardboard, which gave a blurry rigid effect and the drop off of the reflection blurs away


The flat aluminium foil on the flat board gives a clearer, slightly blurry effect . But almost makes the painting look like a photograph and the reflection on the foil a painting.


Another example with using one of my older pieces with the flatter surface. Which gives off a morphed surreal effect. The idea behind this is to create a full scale female nude and to get little squares of the flat or other reflective surface to place around the female body. to get the different angles of the reflective surface.


I thought I would add this in as the further away on an angle the surface is. The drop off it gives either fades or blur with itself. Which gives another surreal like effect.


So this was a piece found from an aluminium tray - Gives a blurry and warped effect. especially when the foil has dint's and has been bent. 


We tried brushed steel - This one was a bit tricky to find as the only thing we could find was the ruler. Which I was accidentally hiding in my art room. The reflection was very subtle and hard to see. So probably won't use the brushed steel.




So I went to the art room and found this - forgot what it is called - anyway so I found this and It had an awesome reflective surface so I tried it out with another one of my older pieces shown below.



The reflection gave a clear and slightly warped feeling. But the image had to be a solid image with thick black or white lines. I tried using a painted image but gave a fainter effect and the reflection wasn't soo good.

















Comments

Popular Posts