Art theory BVA 313

Art theory BVA 313


shortening my key words into groups to help find the question I want to answer. Along with definitions and reflection to my own works.


Identity.


  • metamorphosis  - in art terms a visual metamorphosis is a term of the indication of shape shifting in art. Allowing the artist to transform a shape to another shape representing something else such as... a tree merging into a woman. that's a visual representation of a metamorphosis. (http://www.everypainterpaintshimself.com/theme/visual_metamorphosis)
  • three people becoming 1
  • creating own family - The abandonment of my own family lead me to make a new family for myself. and creating a "sense of identity from who surrounds me".
  • family name - How the family name is so important that loss of family name can be lead into abandonment issues. Or how in olden days era the family name is your form of "identity" what clan or group you are born into. Along with carrying the "family name" having pride in this family name. and it becomes a "national identity".
  • how has identity been formed in past and new ways to form it now.
  • sense of identity from who surrounds me
  • bonds and creation of family
  • national identity 
  • who you came from

Triangular form


  • connection of trauma between mother abandonment unite the triangle form of a friendship - The friendship is made up of three. Myself, Ema and Sam. creating a 'Triage" of friendship
  • form of a triangle - I have formed a triangle piece with my work merging the three "Identities" together to create own ultimate "identity". To create three people becoming 1.
  • Naming my piece "The Triage". - in medical terms the definition of Triage means "the sorting and allocation of treatment to patients and especially battle and disaster victims according to system of priorities designed to maximize the number of survivors." https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/triage. So basically sorting the patients according to the urgency or emergency of care. So in terms of my own works I can create this assortment of issues, emotions and feelings from urgent to not so urgent. Say painting when I'm angry has more urgency to paint and to get out the anger and ideas more than the dormant urge to look at the blank canvas. To create this "Triangular Form" or a pyramid of emotions and feelings. To create the skeletal forms to make the foundation of the body. Where the bones of the friendship are strong. Creating this new "Identity " of emotion's and feelings.



Techniques used for the making of art.

  • techniques performance aspect to the making of the art
  • examining as the artist to perform the painting - the script of the creation relating to the body that am painting and the body doing the creating 
  • finger becomes a brush
  • art theorist that talks about emotion and trauma and using the body
  • literature texts that relates to my work in a different way.
  • Creative process.

From painting to sculpture. 


  • When does it become a sculpture

  • Sculptural qualities between drawing and painting

  • How i am making my work and how their making in that way

  • Modern art museum in Minnesota USA - sculpture paintings video art


Ehren tool - ceramics potter artist.






  • Ehren Tool is a ceramics potter artist whose heavily influenced by his own services in the Marine Corps. Then leading into the real world of civilization he didn't know what he wanted to do and what the world is without the Marine Corps.










  • He then took classes in pottery and ceramics and his influence and memory from the Marine Corps came into contact with his art. His subject ct and themes are politically based and puts his emotion and feeling of his traumatic stress and opinions into his art. 

  • Talks about the horrors of war that he has seen. 

  • A article from "The New York Times Magazines" written by By C. J. Chivers suggest that "Ehren Tool wants his visually brutal stoneware cups to start conversations about the grief and suffering of armed conflict. But his work can’t be bought." (https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/01/magazine/ehren-tool-war-cups-smithsonian.html 

  • Putting his feeling and emotions into his works reflects to my own work because a lot of my own influences are from my own traumatic stresses and backgrounds. To push my opinion and subject matter through. Giving me an emotional identity and making my own new identity with my own background.










My work and subject matter...

Questions to answer...
what are our competitor's actions? - key artist models.
what are our assumptions or beliefs on our projects?
What are our experiences?
what does the consumer or user expect? - Kathryn or someone buying our works.
What is my art work turning into?



















Comments

Popular Posts