Art Theory BVA313 week 6

Art Theory BVA313 week 6


The whole idea of my work is that I want to show the relationship between me and the other person. The idea of friends is my family. As a white artist I must be careful of racial negativity in my work.
Norman Rockwell is a great example of a White artist depicting that cute, sweet and innocent scene of the white person. Then when he diverged in the idea of stopping the racial barrier he got severely criticized for that work. Especially of the painting called “The Problem we all live with” the depiction of Ruby Bridges as a black child attending a white person school. This depiction was a statement to help stop the idea of racial slurs and is considered as a very iconic and infamous image to support civil rights, especially the civil rights movement in the U.S (https://www.nrm.org/2010/10/norman-rockwells)

The pressure of racial outrage on my work, criticism of having to be careful 
female friendships, the whole construct of love, friendship and relationship with the people you choose as family. 

My idea is more the depiction of female relationships, and the relationship while painting about the relationship of that person.
 



Perceived Realism.

My original research question was ...

How to convey a Journey to explore the "Sub-Conscious" or the Inner Persona through mixed mediums?

Up until this week I was unaware of the racial concept that was brought up by a fellow class mate. This is NOT a racial piece and has nothing to do with the concept of racial accountability.

But now after my first critique I am wanting to address the issue of the racial context that could be applied to my work.

As my figures in my work one is of a darker skin and one is white - My idea is not to come across as a cultural construct between race but it is about the idea of a relationship between these two main female figures of my life. Along with how I depict the feeling of them as a relationship in my mind. The emotional construct between friendships and relationships. The psychological side of personality and the sub-conscious mind. Focusing on the surrealistic imagery of the link of the artist and painting.

For theory I have decided to focus on the issues of my work to help the growth of the links of the relationship.

Issues of viewership than issues of maker-ship.

Question Developing:

How to conceive the idea of viewership of the relationship between two different people. To portray the idea of perceived surrealism?

How to perceive to an audience the link of a relationship between a subject form and a maker-ship form?



















Comments

Popular Posts