BVA 303 RESEARCH kathryn,

BVA 303 RESEARCH kathryn, 


 Progression of wall piece work.


Heuristic thinking is how I work within my art. This is the act of doing or doing the work without thinking. Which helps enable me to do this artwork and figure out what I am trying to answer myself. Peter Fenoglio explains in his section of the journal Studio Research #0 (Fenoglio, 2011), that the idea of the artist studio is their research. He argues that this is artist’s time to “research” by that he means to investigate, make, create and to find out what works? what did not? why? and how? Then to proceed further research by recording or noting down as the artist goes to then either to blog or annotate about (Fenoglio, 2011).

With using Heuristic research in the visual art’s sector, Fenoglio then describes the idea to have this question or statement at first.  Then to draw your ideas, exploration’s test’s and argument’s from, and to bounce off each other to help create a finalised “Creative Synthesis” or a conclusion of why you did this work and how you answered that question (Fenoglio, 2011). Fenoglio explains To acknowledge a heuristic methodology for social commentary or social-activist art is to acknowledge that your ‘studio’ is the space you are in, wherever and whenever you are engaged with the topic.” (Fenoglio, 2011).

This relates within my own work’s as my “Space” is my studio and I am constantly engaging and acknowledging my “topic” or in this case question as soon as I walk into my studio. With ideas, test results and other inspirations from older works I can then create an on-going thinking process. That I can pick up from and remember what I have done and how I have done it.






This has ended up becoming a more of an progression piece with a build up of ideas. Forever changing and deciding different ways to paint depending on how I am feeling, whether it is an emotional bases or not.

Comments

Popular Posts